Data Science: The Next Rock Star
This webinar is aimed at senior managers who intend to be intelligent consumers of analytics. The topics include
This Webinar will answer:
- Demystifying the jargon, Specific case studies from a variety of verticals (retail, finance, defence, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.), Where big data approaches work and where traditional data science is adequate.
- Aggregating and Distributing the Data: The Hadoop ecosystem, Real-time or near real-time BI, Issues with unstructured and semi-structured data and how to deal with them.
- Data, models and decisions beyond OLAP: Equipping your organization to leverage big data and social media - why and how, methods and paradigms of machine learning.
- How is analytics very different from BI
- What differentiates big data from non-big data from a computational stand point
- Data science use cases in telecom, retail and finance
- The underlying analytical logic in important decision making tools like recommendation engine, fraud detection and fault management
- Common mistakes in Big Data and how to tame them
About the Speaker
Dr. Dakshinamurthy V. Kolluru
President, International School of Engineering (INSOFE)
- Dr. Dakshinamurthy Holds Ph.D. and M.S. degrees from Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), and Bachelors of Engineering degree from National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India.He is responsible for Research and Development (R&D), product management, developing consultative solutions, program management and strategy formulation.
- During his 17 years of experience as a scientist and entrepreneur, he has applied his strengths in logical thinking, math and science to solving industrial and societal problems, designing solutions from fundamentals, identifying, training and motivating high quality individuals, and to articulating the findings in a lucid manner to all the stakeholders. He has applied these skills in such diverse areas as Web 2.0 software development, mathematical modeling of capital markets, e-learning programs for rural students, intercontinental ballistic missile design, etc.
- Dr. Murthy has filed for 4 patents (5 more are in the works), published over a dozen international articles, and presented in over 50 international seminars and conferences.